Here’s another video from the Rayman Legends Challenges App for Wii U. This video is the daily challenge for May 10th and is courtesy of MrCoolGaming & GoNintendo. Click the jump to see the video and check out the source links for more videos from MrCoolGaming including other videos featured in the Rayman Legends Challenges App on Nintendo’s Wii U console.
Consoles, Daily Challenge, GoNintendo, MrCoolGaming, Platformer, Rayman, Rayman Legends, Rayman Legends Challenges App, Ubisoft, Ubisoft Montpellier, Videos, Wii U, YouTube,
Capcom has posted Part 3 of their Developer Diary series for the Resident Evil: Revelations remake. Revelations was originally a portable title on the 3DS and is being remade for PC, PlayStation 3, Wii U, and Xbox 360. Resident Evil: Revelations is scheduled to be released on May 21st in North America, May 23rd in Japan & Australia, and May 24th in Europe.
Capcom, CapcomEuro, Consoles, Dev Diary, Developer Diaries, Developer Diary, GoNintendo, Nintendo, PC, PlayStation 3, Resident Evil, Resident Evil: Revelations, Survival Horror, Tose, Videos, Wii U, Xbox 360, YouTube,Another outlet has put together a preview/impressions article for Watch_Dogs. This one is from Polygon. They’ve also included several screenshots, here’s some of them:
Action Adventure, Consoles, GoNintendo, Impressions, PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Polygon, Previews, Screenshots, Stealth, Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft Reflections, Watch Dogs, Watch_Dogs, Wii U, Xbox 360,
Kotaku has posted an impressions/preview article for Ubisoft’s Watch_Dogs. There are several videos posted there as well with various footage of the demo they were shown. Click the link below to read their impressions and see the videos. Watch_Dogs is scheduled to be released this coming Fall. You can pre-order Watch_Dogs in the GameSaga Mega Store and help support the site at the same time.
Action Adventure, Consoles, GoNintendo, Impressions, Kotaku, PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Previews, Stealth, Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft Reflections, Videos, Watch Dogs, Watch_Dogs, Wii U, Xbox 360,
- Powered by the Disrupt Engine, which enables “gray zone” morality decisions
- Aiden Pierce (the game’s protagonist) can manipulate the environment at any time
- The scene from E3 2012 where Piece hacked a traffic signal causing an accident could play out in multiple ways
- In one example during Game Informer’s demo, Colin Graham the lead animator for Watch_Dogs who was playing the demo pulled out a gun which caused some people to hide and others to call police. Supposedly this is just the bare minimum of what the AI can do
- Cars can show realistic wear & tear and have paint peeling off
- GI’s demo was from the area called The Wards which is based on poor districts of Chicago
- When Pierce hacks into the city’s server he gets control over phones, cameras, and the “predictive crime system”
- That system is designed to signal police and Pierce to where crime may happen and who might be involved
- You can intervene whenever you want, but reactions from NPCs can change depending on when you do things and what you do
- Citizens will talk about Pierce in random conversations and on social media in-game
- The actions you take will play into an overall reputation and your reputation with different factions as well
Action Adventure, Consoles, Game Informer, GoNintendo, Multi-Platform Podcast News, PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Stealth, Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft Reflections, Videos, Watch Dogs, Watch_Dogs, Wii U, Xbox 360,
“Explore the world with Wii Street U powered by Google, only on Wii U! This piece of software is free to download for a limited period of time, and allows you to see places all over the world from the comfort of your own home. Simply tap in a place name – or even co-ordinates – on the Wii U GamePad and (where available) you’ll see a bird’s-eye view map on your TV, and the view from the ground on the GamePad. Motion controls allow you to use the GamePad intuitively to alter your viewpoint – move it up, down, and all around you to get a better perspective!
With a software update that’s available now your Wii Street U experience becomes even easier to use, and has more great features than before. The update adds Miiverse functionality, allowing you to write about your favourite spots on Miiverse, and post or view screenshots, from within Wii Street U powered by Google itself*. Create bookmarks for places that you’ll want to come back to at the touch of a button, add Miiverse-supported tags to your bookmarks, see a location’s elevation, and even check which way is north using the on-screen compass! It’s even easier to explore on the ground because the handy Street View Guide (the line that shows all the paths you can follow) will turn a darker shade when you’ve already been somewhere. To help you keep track of all these new features, handy hints will display as your application loads to help you get to grips with the new stuff.
To get the software update, ensure you’ve performed the latest system update (get info on system updates at our Support section) and simply launch Wii Street U powered by Google. If you’ve not yet downloaded the software, make sure you have the latest system update and the version you can download will have the update built in! Head out on a world tour with Wii Street U powered by Google, available for free from Nintendo eShop on Wii U for a limited time.”
Apps, Consoles, eShop, Europe, GoNintendo, Google, Google Maps, Nintendo, Nintendo eShop, Press Releases, Wii Street U, Wii U, Wii U eShop, Wii U Podcast News,
IGN has posted a video looking at the Free Roaming aspect of Ubisoft’s upcoming stealth/action-adventure game, Watch_Dogs. Watch_Dogs is scheduled for release on November 19th in North America, November 22nd in Europe, and November 21st in Australia for 360, PC, PS3, and Wii U. The game is scheduled to come to the PS4, but no release date has been announced thus far beyond Q4 2013.
GameTrailers has an impressions video posted for Ubisoft’s Watch_Dogs. It’s part of their “First Take” series and features a discussion of their impressions interspersed with footage from a demo of the game. Watch_Dogs is scheduled for release on November 19th in North America, November 22nd in Europe, and November 21st in Australia for 360, PC, PS3, and Wii U. The game is scheduled to come to the PS4, but no release date has been announced thus far beyond Q4 2013.
Action Adventure, Consoles, Footage, GameTrailers, GoNintendo, Impressions, PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Stealth, Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft Reflections, Videos, Watch Dogs, Watch_Dogs, Wii U, Xbox 360,Those of you who were looking forward to Road Redemption, the spiritual successor to Road Rash, will be pleased to hear that DarkSeas Games Kickstarter campaign has been fully funded. There’s still 2 days left on the campaign though if you wish to contribute.
Consoles, Crowdfunding, DarkSeas Games, GoNintendo, Kickstarter, Multi-Platform Podcast News, PC, Racing, Road Rash, Road Redemption, Spiritual Successors, Vehicular Combat, Wii U, Xbox 360,The Watch_Dogs Twitter account has posted several different mobile device wallpapers that you can download. This one here is for the iPhone 4. There’s also ones for the iPhone 5, iPad, iPad Retina, HTC Mega, and then generic ones for several different screen resolutions. Check out the link to the Watch_Dogs Twitter Account below for the rest.
Android, GoNintendo, iOS, iPad, iPhone, Mobile Gaming, PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Stealth, Twitter, Ubisoft, Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft Reflections, Wallpaper, Watch Dogs, Watch_Dogs, Wii U, Xbox 360,
Sega sold 1.31 Million units for the maligned Aliens: Colonial Marines according to a report on NeoGAF. They also sold 1.36 Million units for Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. Those were their top 2 titles for FY 2013. For next fiscal year, Sega is planning to release 42 SKUs by the end of Fiscal Year 2014 according to this report posted on NeoGAF.
- PS3 -7
- Wii – 0
- Wii U – 7
- XB360 – 4
- NDS – 0
- 3DS – 6
- PSP – 2
- PSV – 5
- PC – 11
Interesting to see that Xbox 360 is scheduled for fewer SKUs than Wii U & PS3. Perhaps this means Sega will be bringing other titles to the Next Xbox for FY 2014. Also PS4 was not listed either. You can view more financial info over on NeoGAF, which is linked below.
Aliens: Colonial Marines, Financial Information, Financial Reports, General Podcast News, GoNintendo, NeoGAF, Sega, Sonic, Sonic And All-Stars Racing Transformed,Atlus has put out a lot of footage for Shin Megami Tensei IV. These are from the Japanese version of the game. You can view more over on Famitsu, which is linked below. Shin Megami Tensei IV for the Nintendo 3DS is the latest main entry in Atlus’ long-running Megami Tensei series. SMT 4 is scheduled for release on May 23rd in Japan, July 16th in North America, and sometime this Summer for Europe.
3DS, Atlus, Famitsu, GoNintendo, Megami Tensei, Nintendo, Portables, RPG, Shin Megami Tensei, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Videos, YouTube,4Gamer has posted a few new screenshots for the remake/HD upgrade of Resident Evil: Revelations. We see heroine Jill Valentine looking down a hallway, getting ready to put some lead into a zombie, and in another we see her in a precarious position with someone’s boot looming nearby. You can view more info about the game at 4Gamer. Here’s a Google Translated link for those of you who can’t read Japanese.
- Atari & MCA Video Games form a joint venture. They will create arcade games, console games, & computer games based on movies, television shows, & other MCA properties.
- King’s Quest: Quest for the Crown is released by Sierra On-Line & IBM for the IBM PC (PC) & Apple II (AP2).
- Metal Gear Solid 2 for the Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) has its world premiee at Universal Studios in California.
- In Los Angeles, California, Sony announces the PlayStation 2’s launch price ($299.00), its North American launch date (October 26th), & more details about the system. Sony said there woudl be 51 games available launch day. First party games would retail for $49.00 each. Bundled with the system will be one DualShock 2 controller. Other accessories including extra controllers, an 8 MB memory card, a multiplayer attachment will be sold separately for $34.00 each. A DVD decoder was included in the chipset.
- The Nintendo 64’s Funtastic Series of consoles is released. Available colors were: Watermelon, Ice, Jungle, Fire, Smoke, & Grape.
- The Afterburner mod kit is released by Triton Labs for the Nintendo Game Boy Advance (GBA) in the U.S for $35.00. The Afterburner is designed to provide backlight for the original Game Boy Advance (GBA). Nintendo would later use similar technology for their Game Boy Advance SP (GBASP).
- At a press conference in Los Angeles, California, Microsoft announces the release date for Halo 2. They also show a video called “The Novice”, which was likely a spoof of The Apprentice. In the video Donald Trump pokes fun at fake Sony executives, & praises Microsoft for their online video game plans. Halo 2 will release with multiplayer support on November 9th. EA also announces it will now include Xbox Live support in its games.
- The Dear Friends: Music from Final Fantasy concert is held at the Walt Disney Concert Hall in Los Angeles, California. It was a two hour concert sponsored by Square Enix. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra & Los Angeles Master Chorale are lead by conductor Miguel Harth-Bedoya. They perform fourteen songs by the famous game composer Nobuo Uematsu from the Final Fantasy series.
- Custom Robo is released by Noise & Nintendo for the Nintendo GameCube (GCN) in North America. This was the first Custom Robo title to be released outside of Japan.
- Metal Slug 4&5 is released by SNK for the Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) & Microsoft Xbox (XB) in the U.S.
- Haunting Ground is released by Capcom for the Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) in North America.
- The Electronics Entertainment Expo (E3) begins. It is held over three days, May 10th – May 12th. During E3, Nintendo President Satoru Iwata said that Nintendo would likely no longr produce new iterations of the Nintendo Game Boy Advance (GBA).
- SiN Episode 1 is released by Ritual Entertainment for Microsoft Windows (PC).
- Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars is released by EA Los Angeles & Electronic Arts for the Microsoft Xbox 360 (360) in North America.
- Brink is released by Splash Damage & Bethesda Softworks for Microsoft Windows (PC), Sony PlayStation 3 (PS3), & Microsoft Xbox 360 (360) in North America.
- Lego Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game is released by Traveller’s Tales & Disney Interactive Studios for the Nintendo DS (NDS), Nintendo 3DS (3DS), Wii, Sony PlayStation 3 (PS3), PlayStation Portable (PSP), Microsoft Xbox 360 (360), Mac OS X (Mac), & the OnLive (OL) cloud gaming service.
- MX vs. ATV Alive is released by Rainbow Studios & THQ for the Sony PlayStation 3 (PS3) & Microsoft Xbox 360 (360).
- Virtua Tennis 4 is released by SEGA-AM3 & Sega for the Sony PlayStation 3 (PS3), Microsoft Xbox 360 (360), & Nintendo Wii in North America.
- Starhawk is released by LightBox Interactive, SCE Santa Monica Studio, & Sony Computer Entertainment for the Sony PlayStation 3 (PS3) in Japan.
- Carmageddon is scheduled to be released by Stainless Games, SCi, & Interplay for Android (AND) mobile devices.
- Monaco: What’s Yours is Mine is scheduled to be released by Pocketwatch Games & Majesco Entertainment for the Microsoft Xbox 360 (360).
Source: Chronology of Video Games & WikipediaCarmageddon, Chronology of Video Game Systems, Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars, E3 2006, Halo 2, Metal Gear Solid 2, Monaco: What’s Yours is Mine, PlayStation 2, This Day In Gaming History, Wikipedia,Mewtwo is one arrogant jerk eh? Apparently he is “above” being in a game such as Super Smash Bros. Melee, calling it foolish and questioning his existence in the game. Well if you play the game in Japanese anyways. In the English version, he doesn’t say anything, he just laughs.
DidYouKnow Gaming, Fighting, Gamecube, HAL Laboratory, Mewtwo, Nintendo, Nintendo GameCube, Pokemon, Pokémon, Random Game Facts, SSB, SSBM, Super Smash Bros., Super Smash Bros. Melee,
Yesterday Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate was announced. We have the full press release up, plus screenshots, and a trailer. We also heard a pretty big rumor regarding the Next Xbox. The rumor is that it will be called Xbox Infinity. We did an analysis of this possible name in our Top Storitorial as well. We also found out that Woflenstein: The New Order will be single player only, the Ouya console has been delayed, Injustice: Gods Among Us will finally get DLC on Wii U this Summer, a trailer and screenshots for Muramasa Rebirth, Part 2 of the Bravely Default: Flying Fairy Iwata Asks, Watch_Dogs details, and a whole lot more.
We’ll be recording Episode 12 of the GameSaga Podcast this coming Saturday, May 11th, so if you have any questions for the show, be sure to post them in our message board thread. You can also send them in through Facebook, Twitter,
Be sure to check out our Forums while you’re here. You can post in there to discuss stories on the site, talk about gaming in general, or anything else. And if you want to ask questions for the podcast you do so in there as well.
As always, thanks for checking out the blog and for any and all comments. If you want to send in a news tip, ask a question for the podcast, or give general feedback, feel free to E-mail Us, send us a message or comment on Facebook, or send us one on Twitter, or post a topic in our new Forums. Don’t forget to like us on Facebook & follow us on Twitter and check out the GameSaga Mega Store (powered by Amazon) for all your gaming needs and much more and check out the GameSaga Podcast Archive for past episodes of the show!