AllGamesBeta, Batman, Batman: Arkham Origins, Consoles, DC Comics, PC, PlayStation 3, Trailers, Unreal Engine 3, Videos, Warner Bros. Games Montreal, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, Wii U, Xbox 360, YouTube,
3DS, Action RPG, AllGamesBeta, Capcom, Handhelds, Monster Hunter, Monster Hunter 4, Portables, Screenshots,
Action, Activision, AllGamesBeta, Box Art, Comic Book Games, Comics, Consoles, Deadpool, High Moon Studios, Marvel, Marvel Comics, PlayStation 3, Third Person, Xbox 360,
3DS, AllGamesBeta, GungHo Online Entertainment, Handhelds, Pazudora Z: Puzzle and Dragons Z, Portables, Puzzle, Puzzle and Dragons, Puzzle and Dragons Z, RPG, Trailers, Videos, YouTube,
- Tengen holds a reception event gathering retailers, trade representatives, and the press for their launch of their version of Tetris.
- The Nintendo VS Galoob case is still on-going as Lewis Galoob Toys seeks a court declaration that their Game Genie device does not infringe on Nintendo’s copyrights.
- The 7th annual Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) event begins. At the event the 4th annual Game Critics Awards For The Best Of E3 are held as well. The event is once again held in Los Angeles, California, over a period of three days. 62,000 people were in attendance. During this E3, Microsoft unveils their Xbox (XB) console & Nintendo unveils their GameCube (GCN) console.
- J.C. Padilla scores a record high score of 2,181,619,994,299,256,480 on Giga Wing 2 for the Sega Dreamcast (DC). This also sets a record for the highest score for any video game.
- The Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) event for 2005 begins in Los Angeles, California. There were 400 exhibiting companies and 70,000 industry professionals from 79 countries in attendance. New systems from Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft were unveiled during this event.
- At Nintendo’s E3 press conference they report that they’ve sold two billion games since they entered the video game industry. Nintendo also discusses its online plan for the Nintendo DS (NDS). They will partner with GameSpy to have a Wi-Fi Internet connectivity service. A smaller version of the Game Boy Advance (GBA), the Game Boy Micro (GBM) is unveiled as well. It features a lighted color display, is 2 x 4 x 0.7 inches, & weighs 2.8 ounces making it the smallest cartridge-based game system ever. Nintendo also discussed the Revolution (Wii) console. It will feature: a proprietary DVD-size disc, GameCube (GCN) backwards compability, 512 MB flash memory, a SecureDigital slot, wireless controllers, a Virtual Console service allowing play of NES, SNES and Nintendo 64 games via by downloading them, & a planned Wi-Fi network.
- Halo 2 is released by Bungie Studios, Microsoft Game Studios, & Pi Studios for Microsoft Windows (PC) in Australia.
- The alpha version of Minecraft is released by Mojang for Microsoft Windows (PC).
- L.A. Noire is released by Team Bondi & Rockstar Games for the PlayStation 3 (PS3) and Xbox 360 (360) in North America.
- The First Templar is released by Haemimont Games & Kalypso Media for Microsoft Windows (PC) & Xbox 360 (360) in North America.
- Fable III is released by Lionhead Studios & Microsoft Game Studios for Microsoft Windows (PC) in North America.
- The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is released by CD Projekt RED, Atari, Inc, & Namco Bandai Games for Microsoft Windows (PC).
- Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II is released by Dimps, Sonic Team, & Sega for iOS devices.
- Metro: Last Light is scheduled to be released by 4A Games & Deep Silver for Microsoft Windows (PC), PlayStation 3 (PS3), & Xbox 360 (360) in Europe.