According to an article on Siliconera, Capcom’s Dead Rising 3 is set to tie up loose ends from Dead Rising 1 & 2. Isabela Keyes from Dead Rising will be returning in Dead Rising 3 according to Siliconera. According to the article, Isabela freed from the lab she has been trapped in when a zombie outbreak spreads to Los Perdidos. She is searching for a missing part of a cure she is working on, the blood from “patient zero.” Chuck Greene from Dead Rising 2 will also return for Dead Rising 3.
AllGamesBeta, Capcom, Capcom Vancouver, Concept Art, Consoles, Dead Rising, Dead Rising 3, Game Details, Microsoft Studios, Open World, Siliconera, Survival Horror, Xbox One,
Edge has published on their website part of an archived interview with Seamus Blackley which details many rejected names for the original Xbox console. Some examples listed were: 11-X, Eleven-X (possibly related to the DirectX involvement), WEP, Midway, and one of the better known ones, DirectX Box. Blackley tells Edge that in e-mails this was shortened to Xbox early in the naming process. Here’s the full list of rejected names as seen on Edge. I highlighted a few of the more interesting ones, All In One, Three Six Zero, Entertainment Headquarters, and Interactive System In One. Why? Because Three Six Zero was obviously used for the Xbox’s successor, the Xbox 360. So they had already thought of that name before the original Xbox was even released. The others would be referenced much later with the Xbox One. Microsoft spoke at length about wanting Xbox One to be an all-in-one entertainment device which all of those names imply. So they’ve been thinking about that concept ever since the beginning it appears. Interesting.
- MAX (Microsoft Action Experience)
- AIO (All In One)
- MIND (Microsoft Interactive Network Device)
- FACE (Full Action Center)
- MITH (Microsoft Interactive Theatre)
- XON (Experience Optimised Network)
- MVPC (Microsoft Virtual Play Center)
- TAC (Total Action Center – discs/games could be called TACs)
- MARC (Microsoft Action Reality Center)
- LEX (Live Entertainment Experience)
- M-PAC (Microsoft Play and Action Center)
- RPM (Real Performance Machine)
- MOX (Microsoft Optimal Experience)
- E2 (Extreme Experience)
- MTG (Microsoft Total Gaming)
- VIP (Virtual Interactive Player)
- PTP or P2P (Powered To Play)
- VIC (Virtual Interactive Center – disks/games could be called VICs)
- MARZ (Microsoft Active Reality Zone)
- TSO (Three, Six, Zero)
- EHQ (Entertainment Headquarters)
- O2 (Optimal Ozone or Optical Odyssey)
- MIC (Microsoft Interactive Center)
- R&R (Reality and Revolution)
- MEA (Microsoft Entertainment Activator)
- AMP (Active Microsoft Player)
- VPS (Virtual Play System)
- MAP (Microsoft Action Play)
- MEGA (Microsoft Entertainment & Gaming Attendant or Microsoft Entertainment & Gaming Assembly)
- CPG (CyberPlayGround)
- VERV (Virtual Entertainment & Reality Venture)
- OM (Odyssey of the Mind)
- P2 (PowerPlay)
- IS1 (Interactive System In One)
- MET (Microsoft Entertainment Technology or Microsoft Entertainment Theatre)
Nintendo Company Limited (NCL) announced today that the Japanese version of Club Nintendo was recently hacked. Club Nintendo is of course a rewards website where members earn coins for registering game purchases, completing surveys, etc. Nintendo said there were “23,000 unauthorized log-ins (with 15 million attempts) between June 9 and July 4 on Japan’s Club Nintendo site,” according to Kotaku. Kotaku goes on to state that, “this does not seem to apply to Club Nintendo sites in other countries.” As Club Nintendo is based around the idea of free stuff, credit card numbers are not used and thus should not be affected but it’s possible hackers may have gained access to things like full names, home addresses, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses. Nintendo is asking all Club Nintendo members in Japan to change their passwords. In my opinion it might be a good idea to change your Club Nintendo e-mail address as well (perhaps create one specifically for that).
According to the post linked below on NeoGAF, both the Xbox One and the PlayStation 4 will be playable at Gamescom this year. Gamescom 2013 will be held from August 21st through August 25th in Cologne, Germany. It also mentions that Valve and Take 2 will be exhibitors at the show.
Earthworm Jim creator Doug TenNapel has posted on the Earthworm Jim Facebook page speculating on what an Earthworm Jim 4 would be called. Could this mean Earthworm Jim 4 is in the works? Maybe. We shall see. Here’s the post:
“Everyone loves Earthworm Jim 1 and 2, and I don’t generally acknowledge EWJ 3 as a real part of the Jim universe. So if I was making another Jim game, would it be too confusing to call it Jim 3? Or would it have to be Jim 4? How about “Earthworm Jim 4 the Fans”?” – Doug TenNapel
AllGamesBeta, Box Art, Consoles, Handhelds, Japan, Nihon Falcom, Nihon Falcom Corporation, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, RPG, The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki, The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Flash,
- Honedge is a new Steel & Ghost type Pokémon
- Masuda-san confirms that France is their inspiration for the Kalos region as was accidentally revealed at the Pokémon panel at E3
- Honedge can use the blue cloth (which is attached to it) like an arm
- Swords Dance is a Normal type attack Honedge can learn which raises your Attack stat
- In the video, footage is shown that implies the team has added French landmarks or lookalikes to the game, such as the Eiffel Tower
Full announcement after the jump.
Microsoft has announced the opening of a public beta for the 2013 Xbox Live Update for Xbox 360. Some features include:
- Performance upgrades
- Local currency (aka “real” money transactions — transitioning from MP) transactions
- Can sign up directly from your Xbox 360
- There will be an Xbox Beta Program tile on the Dashboard home screen
- Japan can’t currently join but will be able to later according to Major Nelson
Full announcement after the jump.2013 Xbox Live Update, AllGamesBeta, Beta, Beta Test, Consoles, Major Nelson, Microsoft, Open Beta, Open Beta Test, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox 360 Podcast ,
AllGamesBeta, Consoles, Demos, Events, Fabula Nova Crystallis, Japan, Japan Expo, Japan Expo 2013, Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, PlayStation 3, RPG, Square Enix, Videos, Xbox 360,
Virtual Console on Wii U
Pilotwings – Join the Flight Club to take to the skies and experience a variety of aerial activities in the original Pilotwings game for the Super NES console. Take off and pilot a biplane through rings, or drift serenely in a hang glider. Strap on the rocket belt to blast your way around an obstacle course. And if that’s not enough, reach maximum velocity as you tackle a skydiving lesson at 3,800 feet.
Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS
Sonic Drift 2 – Start your engines and prepare for the race of your life in this classic racer that was originally released for Game Gear. Choose from seven of your favorite Sonic characters, including Sonic, Knuckles and Dr. Eggman, and race your way to the finish line. Use each racer’s special ability to gain an edge over the competition and win the fabled Chaos Emeralds.
Nintendo eShop Sales
Mighty Switch Force! – To celebrate the recent launch of Mighty Switch Force! 2, WayForward is dropping the price of Mighty Switch Force! Download the game from the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS at a discounted price of $3.99 until 9 a.m. PT on July 11.
Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition – Enter the mechanical, shape-shifting, dimension-switching world of Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition and blow crime away. Download the game from the Nintendo eShop on Wii U at a discounted price of $6.67 until 9 a.m. PT on July 11.
Order Up!! – Experience the dizzying life of a top-notch chef and restaurateur as you prepare all manner of exotic meals on your way to building your own restaurant empire from the ground up in Order Up!! Download the game from the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS at a discounted price of $4.99 starting at 9 a.m. PT on July 8 until 9 a.m. PT on July 22.
Planet Crashers – In Planet Crashers, fully explore a massive universe filled with danger and adventure. Download the game from the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS at a discounted price of $4.99 starting at 9 a.m. PT on July 8 until 9 a.m. PT on July 22.
Also new this week:
• Vampire Master of Darkness (Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS)
• G-LOC Air Battle (Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS)
• Deer Hunting King (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
• Fishdom H20: Hidden Odyssey (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
• CRAZY CONSTRUCTION – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
3DS eShop, 3DS Virtual Console, Consoles, General Nintendo Podcast News, GoNintendo, Nintendo Download, Nintendo eShop, North America, Portables, Virtual Console, Wii U eShop, Wii U Virtual Console,According to this screen capture from SteamDB, it appears a game of the year edition for Borderlands 2 may be coming out in the near future. No word yet on if this will hit consoles a well or just PC, but I think it’s probably likely to appear on consoles as well. Being a GOTY this will most likely include all of the DLC as is generally done and appears to be shown in this