AllGamesBeta, Aqua Plus, Artwork, Box Art, Consoles, Logos, Opening Movies, PlayStation 3, Real Time Strategy, Screenshots, Tears to Tiara, Tears to Tiara II, Tears to Tiara II: Haoh no Matsuei, Videos, YouTube,
The best action video games formerly known as Obscure has been renamed Final Exam, here’s some details:
- Platforms: PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360
- Spiritual successor/reboot to Obscure
- Will contain references to previous Obscure games
- Official website is now open
- Will have a co-op mode
- 4 playable characters
Full press release after the jump.AllGamesBeta, Artwork, Consoles, Final Exam, Game Details, Mighty Rocket Studios, Multi-Platform Podcast News, Obscure, PC, PlayStation 3, Press Releases, 1987
- Yume Koujou Doki Doki Panic is released by Nintendo & Fuji Television for the Famicom Disk System (FDS) in Japan. This game would later serve as the basis for the U.S. version of Super Mario Bros. 2 which in turn would be released later in Japan as Super Mario USA.
- Williams Industries reaches an agreement in principle with Bally Manufacturing for Bally to sell their coin-operated amusement game manufacturing business to Williams for $8 million.
- Soldier Blade is released by Hudson Soft for the PC Engine (PCE) in Japan.
- Sonic Championship (aka Sonic the Fighters) is released by Sega AM2 & Sega for Arcades (ARC) in North America.
- Metal Gear Solid The Trailer is released by Konami on DVD in Japan.
- Gran Turismo 3: A-spec is released by Polyphony Digital & Sony Computer Entertainment for the PlayStation 2 (PS2) in North America.
- Day 2 of the 8th annual Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) is held. The 5th annual Game Critics Awards for the Best of E³ are held at the event as well.
- A state law in Washington that would fine retailers $500 if they sell certain violent video games to children under age 17 is blocked by a federal judge in the U.S. The law is blocked on the grounds that it would violate the 1st Amendment of the U.S. Constitution which protects free speech.
- Wario World is released by Treasure & Nintendo for the GameCube (GCN) in Australia.
- Classic NES Series: Donkey Kong is released by Nintendo for the Game Boy Advance (GBA) in Europe.
- Project Sylpheed is released by Game Arts, SETA, Anima, Square Enix, & Microsoft Game Studios for the Xbox 360 (360) in North America.
- Devil May Cry 4 is released by Capcom for Microsoft Windows (PC) in Australia.
- Resident Evil Zero is released by Capcom Production Studio 3 & Capcom for the Wii in Japan.
- Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 (AKA Persona 4) is released by Atlus for the PlayStation 2 (PS2) in Japan.
- Midway Games completes their sale of various assets to Warner Bros. including the rights to the Mortal Kombat IP and the Midway Chicago studio, which would later be rebranded as NetherRealm Studios and continue their work on Mortal Kombat games under the Warner Bros. umbrella.
- The Conduit is released by High Voltage Software & Sega for the Wii in the UK.