- The FTC’s investigation into Nintendo’s alleged price-fixing of NES prices is made public. Nintendo signed a consent decree, where they agreed to not fix prices or punish retailers who offered products at a lower price. Nintendo also agreed to send $5.00 off coupons to NES buyers who purchased between June 1st, 1988 and December 30th, 1990, towards the purchase of future Nintendo products.
- Warzone 2100 is released by Pumpkin Studios & Eidos Interactive for PC in North America.
- Odama is released by Vivarium Inc. & Nintendo for the GameCube in North America.
- Major League Baseball 2K6 is released by Visual Concepts & 2K Sports for the Xbox 360 in North America.
- Assassin’s Creed is released by Ubisoft Montreal & Ubisoft for PC in Australia.
- Mario Kart Wii is released by Nintendo & Nintendo EAD Group No. 1 for the Wii in Japan.
- The Godfather II is released by EA Redwood Shores & Electronic Arts for PC, PlayStation 3, & Xbox 360 in Europe.
- Braid is released by Number None, Inc. for PC.
- Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory is released by Ubisoft Montreal & Ubisoft for the 3DS in North America.
- Naval War: Arctic Circle is released by Turbo Tape Games & Paradox Interactive for PC Worldwide.
- Skullgirls is released by Reverge Labs, Lab Zero Games, Autumn Games, & Konami for PlayStation Network in North America.
- Guacamelee! is released by Drinkbox Studios for PlayStation 3 & PlayStation Vita in Europe.
- ShootMania Storm is released by Nadeo & Ubisoft for PC.
- Trials Frontier is scheduled to be released by Ubisoft for iOS in the U.S.